Friday, November 9, 2012

My Thoughts on the October Classic!


I have almost gotten over my Reds getting beat by the Giants after being up two games to none and coming home in a best out of five series but I had some thoughts about what I watched in the final series of the season, I say this because that was not really a World Series in my opinion. Call it sour grapes but I was not impressed. Here are my thoughts.

The turning point in the series was when Verlander got hammered in Game 1. Sorry for pointing out the obvious!

With the success that Marco Scutaro has had with his short stroke, will other hitters follow suit? Not likely, and how big will he be cashing in for being a free agent that got hot at the right time? Poor, Poor Gene Tenace!

For the third straight year, no Eastern Division team was in the World Series? That's a lot of cabbage for no payoff. I guess I should be happy about that one?

Has anyone ever had worse looking facial hair than Hunter Pence? Leave that to the hockey players, for some reason they grow better facial hair?

Can Tim McCarver make a point without repeating it 3 or 4 times? I guess he come up with so few good ones these days he wants to make sure everyone heard him?

Were Miguel Cabrera and Avasail Garcia separated at birth? Talk about drafting a type? The future looks bright in Motown!

Bruce Bochy must be a great manager if he can win with Ryan Theriot as his designated hitter. Even the 75-76 Reds had Dan Driesson!

Why does the National League keep winning the World Series (3 straight years) but gets killed in Inter-League play)?

This was a textbook example of winning with pitching and defense. Okay maybe some timely hitting but not that much!

Come on February (pitchers and catchers) and the hope of a small market championship!


No comments:

Post a Comment